Affordable Senior Care of New York LLC providing in home assisted living for seniors.
Affordable Senior Care of New York LLC, specializes in home care, family care giving, the perfect solution for seniors and others who aren’t ready to leave their homes.
Category of our services:
Affordable Senior Care of New York LLC|Affordable Senior Care in Manhattan|Affordable Senior Care New York City|Affordable Senior Care Brooklyn|Senior care in Staten Island|Senior Care New York City|Senior care in Manhattan|Senior care Brooklyn|Take Steps to Prevent Falling
Did You Know?
Falling is a catalyst for 40% of all nursing home admissions. One in three older adults living at home fall each year.
Most falls can be prevented !!!!!
Why do we fall?
One of the greatest fears among senior citizens is the fear of falling.This fear is not an irrational fear. Falling is a primary catalyst for hospital admissions among seniors. Many of the seniors admitted to a hospital after a fall, never go home. In fact, falls are responsible for over 40 % of nursing home admissions. Even worse, 70 % of accidental deaths in people over 75 years of age are caused by falls. Falling can be caused by many factors. Some are internal, such as slowed reflexes, balance disorders, low blood pressure, visual deficits, etc. Other causes are external factors such as poor lighting or the effects of medications. Some of these reasons are not particular to seniors.In fact, younger people also fall, but the consequences of falling are much less severe for younger people.
What can you do?
There is much that can be done to prevent debilitating falls. The first step is to make an honest assessment of the risk you have.
You can take advantage of our FREE FALL PREVENTION INSPECTION, during our Risk Assessment Interview. This interview is conducted in your home, with your family present. Included with the interview is a Home Safety Inspection. Based on the assessment we will recommend a course of action.
More Facts about Falling:
- Falling is one of the greatest fears among seniors.
- Falling is a cause in 70 % of accidental deaths among people 75 years of age and higher.
- Falling causes $70 billion in medical costs each year.
- The human costs are even greater, as individuals, caregivers and families are all impacted by a fall.
- Fear of falling leads to lost confidence and increased inactivity.
What You Can Do
- Consider the following ways to reduce your risk of falling at home:
- Tell your health care provider if you have fallen in the last year and describe how you fell.
- Talk to your doctor and pharmacist about medications you take.
- Tell your health care provider, if you feel weak in your legs or have other problems with your legs or feet.
- Tell your doctor, if you are experiencing vision or hearing loss.
- Contact us to perform:
- A FREE Risk Assessment Interview as well as outline ways to minimize your risk.
A FREE Home Safety Inspection to assess overall safety as well as things such as lighting, flooring and furniture placement.